Name:Kenneth Arnold (Kenny) Chesney
Date of Birth: March 26, 1968
Place of Birth: Knoxville, Tennessee
Father: David Chesney
Mother: Karen Chandler
* In My Wildest Dreams (1994)
* All I Need to Know (1995)
* Me and You (1996)
* I Will Stand (1997)
* Everywhere We Go (1999)
* No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems (2002)
* All I Want for Christmas Is a Real Good Tan (2003)
* When the Sun Goes Down (2004)
* Be as You Are (Songs from an Old Blue Chair) (2005)
* The Road and the Radio (2005)
* Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates (2007)
* Lucky Old Sun (2008)
* Hemingway's Whiskey (2010)
Kenneth Arnold (Kenny) Chesney is an American country music singer and songwriter. Chesney has recorded 16 albums, 14 of which have been certified gold or higher by the RIAA. He has also produced more than 30 Top Ten singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, 17 of which climbed to the top of the charts.
Chesney was born in Knoxville, Tennessee at St. Mary's Medical Center and raised in Luttrell, Tennessee, better known as the home of Chet Atkins. He is the son of David Chesney, a former elementary school teacher, and Karen Chandler, a hair stylist in the Knoxville area. Chesney has one sibling, a younger sister named Jennifer Chandler.
In 1986, Chesney graduated from Gibbs High School, where he played baseball and was a receiver on the football team. The following year, Chesney received his first guitar for Christmas and began teaching himself to play.
Chesney studied marketing at East Tennessee State University (ETSU) in Johnson City, where he was member of the ETSU Bluegrass Program. He played tunes at local places around Johnson City like Chucky's Trading Post, a small Mexican restaurant located on the Lower Nolichucky River. He also became a regular fixture at Quarterbacks BBQ and Rafters.
In 1989, Chesney recorded a self-released demo album at Classic Recording Studio in Bristol, Virginia. He sold 1,000 copies while performing at the local clubs in Johnson City. He ended up using the money from album sales to help buy himself a new guitar.
Chesney graduated from East Tennessee State in December 1990, with a degree in advertising. After graduation, he headed to Nashville, where he performed at several local clubs. He became the resident performer at The Turf, a rougher honky tonk in the city's historic district.
In 1992, the head of publisher/writer relations at BMI set up an audition with Opryland Music Group, which is part of Gaylord Entertainment Company. Chesney came out of the audition with a songwriter's contract. An appearance at a songwriter's showcase the following year led to a contract with Capricorn Records, which had recently started a country division. He released his debut album, In My Wildest Dreams, in April 1994. When Capricorn closed its country music division in Nashville and moved to Atlanta, Georgia, Chesney signed with BNA Records.
Over the life of his career, Chesney has been honored with numerous awards from the Academy of Country Music (ACM), Country Music Association (CMA), American Music Awards (AMA), Country Music Television (CMT), Billboard Music Awards (BMA), People's Choice Awards (PCA), and the French Country Music Awards (FCMA).
Chesney has received six Academy of Country Music awards (including four consecutive Entertainer of the Year Awards from 2005 to 2008), as well as six Country Music Association awards. He is one of the most popular touring acts in country music, regularly selling out the venues at which he performs. His 2007 Flip-Flop Summer Tour was the highest-grossing country road trip of the year.
The Country Music Association honored Chesney with the Entertainer of the Year award in 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2008. Other notable awards include the Academy of Country Music's 1997 New Male Vocalist of the Year, 2002 Top Male Vocalist of the Year, and the Triple Crown Award in 2005. He was awarded his fourth consecutive Entertainer of the Year award from the Academy of Country Music on May 18, 2008.
Kenny Chesney's Songs
- Kenny Chesney - Come Over Lyrics with Official Video
- Kenny Chesney - El Cerrito Place Lyrics with Video
- Kenny Chesney - Feel Like A Rock Star Lyrics with Official Video (ft. Tim McGraw)
- Kenny Chesney - Hemingway's Whiskey Lyrics with Video
- Kenny Chesney - Live a Little Lyrics with Video
- Kenny Chesney - Out Last Night Music Video with Lyrics
- Kenny Chesney - Pirate Flag Lyrics with Official Video
- Kenny Chesney - Reality Lyrics with Official Video
- Kenny Chesney - Somewhere In The Sun Music Video with Lyrics
- Kenny Chesney - Somewhere With You Lyrics with Video
- Kenny Chesney - The Boys of Fall Lyrics with Official Video
- Kenny Chesney - There Goes My Life Music Video with Lyrics
- Kenny Chesney - You and Tequila Lyrics with Official Video (ft. Grace Potter)
Official Website: http://www.kennychesney.com/